Wednesday 9 July 2008

Don't believe everything you read in the papers or on this site.

Unlike these guys, I can afford to drop the ball now and again

It seems I may in fact have dropped the ball and passed on duff information. All I can say is. Sorry. It came from a usually very reliable source.

The following is from the Royal Air Force site:
There has been a lot of speculation recently both in the media and online regarding whether we have been banned from displaying at the 2012 Olympics, and we are getting an increasingly large amount of enquiries from people wondering whether or not to sign online petitions. We are very happy to tell you that the story is complete rubbish! It’s far too early for either us or the organising committee of London 2012 to discuss any participation by the Red Arrows in the celebrations. We plan our display season one year in advance and so we’re currently busy trying to organise our 2008 display season. We would like to thank everyone for their support – but hope that the truth behind this story will put everyone’s concerns to rest.
Well, so there you go and now we know. Never mind though if you did sign the petition. The Government often floats a boat to see the response from the public.

So carry on signing the petition to show your support for the Red Arrows. You can also show your support for the Green Arrow by joining our Forum.

Again. Sorry for dropping the ball. When I do, I will put my hand up and not just pull an article Daily Mail/Mirror style.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Show me a man who has never made a mistake & I will show you a liar!
That was a saying of my Dad's GA!

Sir Henry Morgan said...

And the version I've always known is:

Show me the man who never made a mistake and I'll show you the man who never made anything.

We all make mistakes.

Anonymous said...

At least you can admit a mistake, unlike the Right "Honourable" SHITS that infest British politics.

Because of this, might we be expecting your resignation, Mr. Chairman?

The Green Arrow said...

Well gentlemen we are all having to learn this game.

I suspect we are going to have to learn many new skills if we are going to to survive as a country and if we have to use those new skills I hope to stand in the line with people like yourselves.

Fyrdist old friend, glad to see your still about. How about an article?

BFB said...

GA, don't bother about this.

I once walked into a tree, and it dropped it's fruit all around me.

A blessing in disguise...(-;

Anonymous said...

G A I'm with Fyrdst on this one. I can't remember ever hearing a politician saying "sorry, I/we got it wrong,and we're doing what we can to put it right"
Urban11