Friday 10 October 2008

Interview with Geert Wilders



Dale Hurd
: What was the purpose of the film "Fitna?"

Geert Wilders
: Our country, the Netherlands as many other countries is based on Christianity, is based on Judaism, is even based on humanism. But not on islam. And this is what I wanted to show people, not by using actors, but by using real images and real verses from the Koran, that the Koran is not just and old book from 1500 years ago.It's a book that is still very alive today. And people get a lot of wrong incentives from it today.

So I wanted to warn the people and I was quite successful, whatever you may think about "Fitna." In the Netherlands more than 3 million people watched it after 24 hours. And worldwide more than 20 million people watched it after two weeks.

Hurd:
I'm sure people who have watched you provoke Islam over the years wonder if you have a death wish. Are you secretly daring Muslims to try to kill you?

Wilders: No and I'm not even provoking them as you said. I try to warn the people in the Netherlands and maybe even abroad and Western societies about the actual danger that Islam brings to our society and to our freedom.

Hurd: Do you believe that a moderate of democratic Islam can exist?

Wilders: No. I don't believe in it. I don't think there is a European Islam. There is no moderate Islam. Islam is, as I see it, a fascist ideology, full of hatred, submission and anything else that we should fight against. However, I make a distinction between the ideology, I believe islam is more an ideology than a religion and the people. There are of course, people, Muslims.I have nothing against Muslims who are not terrorists, who are.the majority of the Muslims in my country are law abiding people; are not terrorists at all.

Hurd: I've heard you call Islamic culture "retarded."

Wilders: It is a culture of backwardness, of retardedness, of barbarism.

Hurd: You've been called a racist. Do you believe in the superiority of whites?

Wilders: No, of course not. I am not a racist. I'm not even in contact with countries, with parties like the British National Party who believe in black and white. I am a Democrat, full stop.

Hurd: In your speech to parliament a few days ago, you referred to Muslim "colonists." What did you mean?

Wilders: Well, people that are coming to the Netherlands to stir up problems or who are in the Netherlands, they are not here to integrate. But to dominate. They don't give a d---, excuse my words, for all he criticism and all the culture that we have in the Netherlands today.

That's why I call them colonists. We have immigrants from Morocco who have been living here for 30 years who don't speak a word of Dutch.

Hurd: So you see Islam growing, you see a government you don't believe cares enough. So where is the Netherlands headed on this issue?

Wilders: The biggest problem we face today is the dominant political culture is one of cultural relativism. Most of the political elite really do believe in cultural relativism - really do believe that all cultures are equal. Wereas I believe they are not equal.

I believe the Christian and the Jewish culture is far better. And I'm not ashamed to say it. I'm not a racist to say that the Christian culture is better than the Islamic culture. There is an enormous gap between the political elite and the vox populi.

The people see that our country is changing. They see in their streets, in their neighborhoods, in their cities, in their villages; they see that it's often not the Netherlands anymore. They feel they live in "Little Morocco" or "Little Turkey."

We have an Islamic intifada today. I'm not exaggerating. In many, many cities in the netherlands. This is a problem. And the government looks the other directiuon and ignores it and puts it under the carpet, all the problems.

Hurd: Are you tired of living with a death threat over your head?

Wilders: Well, not tired, but sometimes - not sometimes - I wish I didn't have it. And I am not exaggerating if I say I lost my freedom. I lived in prison cells for half a year and army barracks and moved two places.

My life changed a lot and I can manage, and people don't have to have sympathy for me because I feel I have a mission. My mission is very strong, and I really believe in it. And I know that if we really don't get a sense of urgency and act and defend our culture, defend our freedom, that it's too late.


Source

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geert Wilders is a true hero,doing a great job. However,why does he have to prove his "non racist credentials" by distancing himself from the BNP? Just like Pat Condell,usually has a pop at Christianity,just to prove his "even handedness" "Right wing" journalists such as Melanie Phillips or Littlejohn could be reading from the BNP manifesto,but never miss an opportunity to slag us off.Still we can hope that the electorate eventually wake up before it is too late.
Urban11

Anonymous said...

"Waging Jihad by Gaining Concessions
IF YOUR GOAL was the eventual overthrow of the government and establishing Shari'a Law as the law of the land, but you didn't have a large enough majority to do it by voting or by force, how could you do it? One good way would be to keep pressing for small, incremental concessions. And when you gain one, to hold it, and try to gain another.

And if you were using this strategy, what is the first concession you'd try to gain? I think it would be to establish laws and cultural norms that prohibit criticism of your group or its goals in speech or writing. This could effectively prevent an organized effort to block the next concessions you try to gain.
I believe that is exactly what Muslims are trying to do..."


More at http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2008/10/waging-jihad-by-gaining-concessions.html plus some good comments

Anonymous said...

Geert Wilders conveniently, adds judeism to christianity. Thereby showing his true agenda. The zionist agenda. Once this man has been elected he will betray the people like Sarkozy has done with the French, and impose policies on the Dutch which will stem right from the heart of Israel.

No judeism, neither islamism in Europe - so no vote for Wilders then.

Anonymous said...

TAQIYYA ALERT:

"Footballers support DVD campaign to combat Islamophobia

SHOW Racism the Red Card will be launching their brand new DVD and education pack 'Islamophobia' at Newcastle United FC grounds. The launch will tale place on Monday at St James’ Park with over 100 teachers, head teachers, council officials and voluntary sector workers who are interested in educating against Islamophobia.

...The National Union of Teachers, Northern Rock Foundation, and Newcastle City Council Unity Programme have sponsored the work which will also include a programme of workshops on the subject delivered by Show Racism the Red Card into local secondary schools.

Throughout the day there will be key speeches from funders and experts; during the morning there will be a carousel of workshops which will educate about the resources, provide an opportunity to ask members of the Islamic Diversity Centre in Newcastle questions about Islam and hear the experiences of some local young people. During the afternoon the film will be screened and there will be an opportunity to ask questions about the resource.

Many of the young people who feature on the DVD will be in attendance and will be presented with goody bags for their input."

http://www.theasiannews.co.uk/news/s/1071789_footballers_support_dvd_campaign_to_combat_islamophobia

Anonymous said...

I believe that there are several issues happening at the same time. Islamophobia may be one of them but it is not the only one. There are muslims out there trying to force their ways and religion unto others. Many of them believe that democratic societes need to respect their ways by giving in to their festivities, nevertheless in USa it is not politically correct to wish soemone Merry Christmas anymore. It has been modified to Happy Holidays. Muslims nevertheless, claim descrimination if they are forced to abide by countries ways and rules. Now they refuse either to sell alcohol or carry it in cabs. HArvard has accomodated to the only girl gyms,
and other comapnies have changed their schedules around prayer time, when others have nothing to do with ISlam and we are definitely not Muslims.