Tuesday 21 July 2009

I do like a good villain

I can't help it. I do like a good super villain, especially if they are up against an equally matched good guy and boy do they have great lines to throw away and bounce at each other.

Professor Moriarty
"You must stand clear Mr Holmes"

Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty, described by Holmes as the "Napoleon of Crime". The guys respected each other. Each would have been good at doing the others job.

Holmes: "Danger is part of my trade,"

Moriarty: "That is not danger. It is inevitable destruction. You stand in the way not merely of an individual, but of a mighty organization, the full extent of which you, with all your cleverness, have been unable to realize. You must stand clear, Mr. Holmes, or be trodden under foot."

Chianti? What is wrong with a nice warm beer?

In the novels and the films, there was something about Hannibal Lector M.D. that appealed to me. The guy had a certain style and panache. The agents in the various films who were his adversaries were well matched opponents. And the lines from the Movie Red Dragon. More magic.

Will Graham: "You had disadvantages."
Hannibal Lecter: "What disadvantages?"
Will Graham: "You're insane."


Such style - for a madman

And then we had a great double act with Batman and The Joker. What a pair. Another super villain with style and great lines.

Robin: "You're out of your mind, Joker!"
Joker: "Gloriously so. Isn't it wonderful?"

Batman: "You're insane."
Joker: "Has it really taken you this long to notice?"

Gerry "Unstable" Gable

But look what the Green Arrow has to work with? Guys who would only be fit to play the part of brain dead zombies or stupid henchmen in any film about the battles between this site and Searchlight/UAF. Where is my Moriarty? Where is my Joker?

Weyman Bennett

I mean look at Weyman or Raymond as the press call him. Check out his antics. This man is not the equal of Green Arrow for lots of reasons. The guy is not even entertaining. He is a brutal bore. There is nothing there.

It is so depressing smacking them down day after day after day. At least the twisted and stunted dwarf, Mister Fister was mildly entertaining and showed a sense of humour on a couple of occasions. I mean his Green Arrow tribute site can occupy a mind for a few minutes and he did have the decency to link to the real Green Arrow site when requested. Even if he did refer to me as "The other bitch".

Then there was the time as a green Blogger and my comments were unmoderated and I made this mistake of asking in a post why people felt the need to have moderation enabled and Mister Fister promptly floolded my site with spam and replied "This is why". Classic, he at least had some style, even if he is a bully boy who rings up BNP supporters homes and frightens any children who answer the phone. Took me hours to clean up the mess he made but it was worth it to learn a lesson.

Taken from one one of the minor shite sites - almost made me smile

And finally two of the most pathetic opponents it has been the misfortune for any half way decent nationalist blogger to match their wits against.

Denis Thunderthighs and her lapdog Fartooserious came up with the above. Now in fairness to this deranged duo, they are at least trying to develop a sense of humour and that is to be applauded. Denis, is much admired by one of my other fans, Tara of the UAF who aspires to be be just like Denis once he has his meat and veg removed.

All they have done is amuse me and inspire me into writing another article that may or may not entertain the readers of the Home of the Green Arrow and Friends and point out that the current situation of this site is now red. Which to be honest is not good.

However, the image itself does raise a serious point about requests for donations that arrive via email or on your doormat. Eventually no matter how hard hitting the message within to highlight why people should dontate, the recipients will eventually get sick of receiving them and throw them away unread.

Now your starter for ten. Who, other than the Green Arrow has always depended on the kindness of strangers and for five bonus points. Who said the following;
“My dear young friend, I am older than you; a man of some experience in life, and—and of some experience, in short, in difficulties, generally speaking. At present and until something turns up (which I am, I may say, hourly expecting), I have nothing to bestow but advice. Still my advice is so far worth taking, that—in short, that I have never taken it myself, and am the the miserable wretch you behold.”
Well the Green Arrow is working on something that will hopefully mean the removal of the hated donation button but until then, he is, as usual dependent on the kindness of strangers and friends.

Vandal Savage: The earth belongs to the cockroaches now...
Oh, and me.

Superman: You're insane.

Vandal Savage: ...True. But that doesn't mean I'm not good company.
Say, you want to come over to my place?

Oh for someone like Vandal Savage to play with.
.