Monday 1 June 2009

We can all sleep safely in our beds, says the Grand Mufti.

You can all sleep safely in your beds tonight
This man promises not to nuke you.
(not sure what he says about your wives and daughters though)

by johnofgwent

Now before I get started, I have a confession to make. I have absolutely no idea who or what a "Grand Mufti" is, not do I have the faintest idea whether the extreme "wahabi" faction of the cult of the dead paedophile pays lip, or any other kind of service, to him.

But I note with wry amusement that the "Americas" section of the BBC News website has decided to cover the 'fatwa' or religious decree, of this chap, an Egyptian by all accounts, that decrees the use of nuclear weapons to be illegitimate in the sight of their god.

So the followers of Holy Mo have come to believe wasting large chunks of the planet and all on it is an obscenity ?

Oh no, they're quite happy with that. The problem is that using these particular tools as a means to carry out Holy Mo's vision will inevitably lead to collateral damage not least the wipeout of the "advance party" of of islamist enrichers already established in the lands of dar-el-harb.

And that, it would seem, is not acceptable. Which is strange given the doctrine of Holy Mo that those whose lives are ended by fire go straight to collect the seventy-two virgins. One would have expected a cleric concerned with the wellbeing of his flock in the hereafter to have extolled the virtue of the "nuke 'em, nuke 'em all" point of view.

Oh well, maybe I have misjudged these enlightened people and their quest for peace upon this planet. Maybe I can truly sleep in my bed unworried.

Oh, hang on a minute. I'm forgetting something. There's a bloke out there, goes by the name of Kim Jong Il. I don't think he believes this "cool in the kaftan, love and peace, man" tripe. And I also think he's got a great big "dong thingy" as you can see in the picture below and read about here

Has The Grand Mufti sent anyone to have a chat with this Kim bloke ? And did they come back in one piece ? Thought not. So if it's all the same to you I'll remain of the opinion that appeasing the enrichers has only one end. Where we kiss our asses goodnight.