Thursday 25 December 2008

The true meaning of Christmas

Welcome to the world little fella

On this day of cheer, let us not forget where it all started. The birth of Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God.

Now it does not matter whether you have "faith" in God or not. The Christian values taken from the Bible are something we can and should all live by, atheists, agnostics and believers.

Now personally I believe there is a God and I know there was a Jesus but at times, like many others I have doubted.

Who would not with all the horror in the World? I have raised my fist to the sky and cursed Our Creator in rage and grief but always (usually when needing my hand held) I always return to Him. He understands. He is that type of guy.

God created us but he is not responsible for Our Actions. We were given free will to choose if you like, the paths of either righteousness or wrong and he has left signs for us to follow. But we alone must make the decision on what path to take.

A new days sunrise and the birth of a child are both in a way, to me at least, reminders of the Resurrection.

So whilst all you parents are picking up the wrapping paper spare just a moment to think about the real meaning of Christmas. Here endeth the lesson with a poem...

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.

Like I said. What a guy.


4 comments:

Ronbo said...

Merry Christmas, Green Arrow, and may cause of the BNP triumph in the coming New Year!

---Your American Cousin, Ronbo

Anonymous said...

Green Arrow you are a sentimental old fossil...however...that post has just made me cry.

Anonymous said...

Priest puts mosque in Nativity scene
Italy's Right-wing Northern League have reacted with fury after it emerged that a Roman Catholic priest added a model mosque to his church's nativity scene.

Anonymous said...

What a post, i cant see the keys through the tears.

Merry Christmas everbody.