Wednesday 13 June 2007

UKTabloid - A shameless plug

Gratuitous sexual imagery used by some bloggers to increase page hits

Now and again in our travels around the cyberspace, you land on a site that is truly excellent as a source of material and information.

One such site is UKTabloid. Although I have had a link to the site for some time, I have always limited myself to their Main News page in searches for articles that would fire my imagination. And there is much of that there.

However I did not truly understand the value of the site until the other day. There is just so much on there that you need a good day at least just to explore their useful links and sites of interest.

So impressed was the Green Arrow that we wrote an humble request to these people who do it right and requested a link. They were in magnanimous mood and granted me my wish. Click on my link and come back when your done.

Would you like to know more?

Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should really have put this on the Doolali Dalai Lama comment but this one has a far better picture . For those not familiar with it , here's Kipling's "The Stranger " And for the benefit of any younger men attracted ,mistakenly by the angel , thats Rudyard Kipling , not the cake maker !

The Stranger

The Stranger within my gate,
He may be true or kind ,
But he does not talk my talk -
I cannot feel his mind.
I see the face and the eyes and the mouth,
But not the soul behind.

The men of my own stock ,
They may do ill or well,
But they tell the lies I am wonted to,
They are used to the lies I tell ;
And we do not need interpreters
When we go to buy and sell.

The Stranger within my gates ,
He may be evil or good,
But I cannot tell what powers control -
What reasons sway his mood ;
Nor when the Gods of his far off land
Shall repossess his blood.

The men of my own stock,
Bitter bad they may be ,
But,at least , they hear the things I hear,
And see the things I see ;
And whatever I think of them and their likes
They think of the likes of me .

This was my father's belief
and this is also mine ;
Let the corn be all one sheaf -
And the grapes be all one vine ,
Ere our childrens teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine .

How we need people of Kiplings patriotism and perception today !!
" Nor when the Gods of his far-off land Shall repossess his blood . "
That , surely is a clear enough warning sent down over the years and we ignore it at our peril .