Tuesday 31 March 2009

No word From The Gravy Train (Yet)

by johnofgwent

As every patriot true to this country knows, there's an election for the european parliament just around the corner.

Not that the 'ordinary' voter or even the activists for parties other than the British National Party would know, or even have have noticed.

I mean, if it were not for Nick Griffin and his team, buoyed up by the time, effort and money given willingly by god knows how many people, all of whom have "done their bit" to get the "Battle For Britain Roadshow" out and about, and all the campaigning that has gone alongside that roadshow, would any of this country's electorate even know there was an election ? OK I admit the voters of Bridgend know - the Labour Party in that area had "an imodium moment" a week or so back and in a knee-jerk act of stupidity chucked out loads of leaflets urging the people to go out and "Stop the BNP at all costs". Funny how their leaflet urged them to do this "lest the BNP's candidate get elected and thereby have access to "unlimited unaudited european parliamentary expenses" though, but at least we can all see what the Labour Party see as the prime reason for standing for the European Parliament. The filthy lucre. No mention at all in their leaflet of the service "their man" (or woman) wishes to commit themselves to for the good of the electorate or the country. Hell they don't even say what their people will do.

And I donl't know about you, but round here I have seen neither hide nor hair of candidate or activist campaigning on their behalf, for any of the other parties.

Maybe they know what we all do, that their discredited representatives ought to be hanging their heads in shame at what they have allowed to be done to this country and its people on their watch.

So I decided that it was time to take the fight to them and see whether they have the stomach to engage in battle. I used the facilities of the excellent "writetothem" website (formerly known as "faxyourmp", but now expanded to allow contact between a concerned constituent and a much wider range of their elected representatives - including MEP's) and joy of joys I found out my current EU constituency was represented by a right shower, including none other than Glenys Kinnock, the wife of the Welsh Windbag Neil, whose first job once packed off to Brussels was to impose VAT on the Severn Bridge Toll so as to more heavily tax the people wishing to enter the Principality of wales.

It was too good an opportunity to miss. Regular readers of this column might remember I blogged here recently about a BBC TV News item covering the behaviour of a group of people camped out in filth and squalor near the French port and rail terminals at Calais hoping to smuggle themselves aboard something bound for england so they can claim political asylum.

I have often wondered what the official line on these people is in France. And whilst I know that every one of our readers and every member of the British National Party could provide me with more enlightenment on the subject than i could possibly ever wish for, it is still useful to ask the people at the top for an officlal statement.

And who better to ask for a European perspective on this issue than a woman who has been paid quite a few million over the past few years to be there as our elected representative ...

I confess the temptation was irresistible. Here is a copy of my recent letter to Glenys Kinnock MEP sent courtesy of "www.writetothem.com". I don't expect an answer, of course, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't make the woman work for her money once in a while, and as my company went under courtesy of this bunch of wasters a few years back so I no longer have the means to fund the BNP's campaign to anything like the degree that others have done so generously, the one thing I can do is give our enemies in this fight a hard time. Whilst remaining at all times impeccably polite, of course.

So, to all of you out there reading this and other articles on this blog who are then - or are already - moved to think "I wish I could do something but I don't know what to do or where to start", here is an example of one small deed by one man who considers himself a tiny cog in the well oiled machine that is going to bring these corrupt scum to book to answer for their action - or inaction.

Enjoy (!)

Thursday 26 March 2009
Dear Glenys Kinnock,

I understand from the website www.writetothem.com that you are one of the Members of the European Parliament representing the constituency in which I live. If this is not the case and I am mistaken, please accept my apologies.

I am having great difficulty understanding a matter that I first saw on a BBC News at Ten broadcast a few weeks ago. I have sought answers but have not yet been able to find any, and I think someone with a EUROPEAN perspective may be able to provide some insight.

On March 12th the BBC ran a piece on a large number of people living in conditions I would describe as filth and squalor outside a suburb of Calais, each trying to break into lorries to catch a free ride to Britain. The camera crew interviewed one such person who beamed straight at the camera and said "I want to go to england and claim political asylum"

Now I spent a month or so working a few miles from the French "Le Shuttle" terminal, albeit a few years ago. From my first hand experience I do not see any easy way that I could describe the area as a war zone or famine area, neither does France appear to me to be a country riven with dictatorial corruption or political or religious persecution.

So I find it most confusing that this man wishes to depart a land built on the principles of "equality, liberty and fraternity" to come to my country and I am even more confused as to how he can possibly be given asylum from persecution in France should he succeed in illegally entering here.

But the thing I find most confusing of all is this.

What is the status of this person standing there in that field in France ? What are the authorities there doing about him. How did he get there and why is he being allowed to behave in the manner he is?

I would REALLY like some answers to those questions and perhaps now you understand why I think someone with a European perspective on the matter might be better equipped to provide those answers.

No-one has seen fit to explain any of this to me in the past. but with the European elections coming up, I think I would like to hear some answers before I cast my vote.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you on this matter at your convenience.

Yours sincerely,

John Of Gwent

.... of course, I don't expect to hear a word from her at all.