Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Look at what we have brought on ourselves

A 21-year-old man has been jailed for six years for instigating a sex attack that left a schoolboy humiliated and afraid to go out alone.

The 15-year-old was attacked by a group of men on secluded land off Burton Road, Derby, on June 10, last year.

A paediatrician at Derby Children's Hospital who examined him described it as "the most serious case of multiple physical and sexual assault" she had ever seen.

His attacker, Mohammed Naseem, now 21, of Byron Street, Derby, was put on the sex offenders' register for life.

Sitting at Derby Crown Court yesterday, Judge Andrew Hamilton told him: "You were the one who instigated all this. You were the one who took this young man from a recreation area to a private park where you were unlikely to be disturbed.

"Your other friends and cronies followed, no doubt putting him in great fear. You were the one who started striking him - you demanded that he take off his clothes
."

The judge said Naseem encouraged others to carry out sexual assaults on the boy.

Naseem pleaded guilty to two charges of rape and two of sexual assault by penetration.

Dawn Pritchard, prosecuting, said the boy was first ordered to carry out a sex act on himself and was filmed as he did this.

He was told he would have to pay £5,000 or his mother would be killed.

He was forced to carry out sex acts on the others, who then abused him.

Miss Pritchard said the boy was left frightened to go out.

She said: "He has not been going to school because his parents feel he would be bullied or teased. He is unable to sleep at night. He is upset when he thinks about it and says, I wanted to get on with my life, but it is hard".

The court also heard that when Naseem was 15, he and a group of youths assaulted the head and another teacher at Derby Moor Community School on October 15, 2001.

During that incident, 40 windows were smashed. He was dealt with for his involvement at the time and got six months' youth custody for violent disorder and carrying a hammer.

Clive Stockwell, mitigating, said Naseem was full of remorse for the sex offences, which he accepted were of the "most grotesque" form. He said he had been brave enough to admit the charges and when he did so "there was a gasp from the public gallery" where his family was sitting.

Two other people involved in the attack will be sentenced at Nottingham Crown Court on August 2.

Source

1 comment:

LionHeart said...

Doesnt this make your British blood boil...

Keep speaking the truth Green Arrow, how can people not be affected by it.

We look forward to the people of Great Britain's response to this barbarism and savagery in our midst.

God bless you

Lionheart